Estate Planning Checklist
Life changes quickly and it’s important that your estate plan reflects these changes. Here is a quick list to help you ensure everything is right on track:
- Personal Representative – Do you have a Personal Representative (and Alternate Representative) outlined in your Will to ensure your wishes are honored?
- Guardian – Does your Will designate the proper Guardian(s) for your children should you pass away?
- Beneficiaries – Does your Will or Revocable Trust accurately describe your wishes for the distribution of your assets among beneficiaries upon your passing? Are all the details of the distribution outlined (Trustee designation, correct age/time for distribution to occur, etc.)?
- Durable Power of Attorney for Financial Decisions – Have you designated the correct Primary (and Alternate) Agent to make financial decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated?
- Designation of Healthcare Surrogate – Have you designated the correct Primary (and Alternate) Agent to make healthcare decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated? Do you have a Living Will that provide instructions for life support measures?
- HIPAA Authorizations – Do you have a HIPAA release included in your estate plan updated to inform who is allowed to access your health records?
- Secured Documents – Do you have your estate planning documents stored in a safe, yet accessible in the event of an emergency, location?
Connect with our team today if you believe your plan needs updating and make sure you are set up for success.