Simple, Fast, Safe
Our firm safely stores your documents for you to review and retrieve.
Our planning service includes:
SCHEDULE Virtual APPOINTMENT
- Virtual or in-person meetings.
- Simple online scheduling, esigning, and payments.
- A secure client portal for reviewing your documents.
- Custom legal documents tailored for your individual situation.
Florida Estate Planning Attorney Serving Clients Virtually
Estate planning is important for adults of all ages in Florida, regardless of income and health. While estate planning can be particularly important for anyone who has become ill, or anyone who may soon require long-term care in a nursing home, the process of making a will or a trust, or creating advance directives and considering asset protection are issues that affect everyone. Our virtual estate planning attorneys in Florida know that it is extremely difficult to balance all of your work and home needs without the added time needed for estate planning. Our firm makes it easy for you to work with an experienced estate planning lawyer from your own home or office based on your schedule.
Types of Estate Planning Matters We Handle Virtually
Your estate planning needs can be handled virtually, which means you never have to leave the comfort of your home to receive assistance with making a will, establishing a trust, creating advance directives, handling asset protection, and many other issues that are involved in an estate plan. The following are some of the most common types of estate planning needs our clients have, and we can handle the following issues for you virtually:
- Making a valid and enforceable will according to the Florida Probate Code;
- Establishing one or more trusts;
- Handling beneficiaries on insurance policies and accounts;
- Asset protection strategies and long-term care planning;
- Creating advance directives, including a living will and a health care surrogate designation (or health care power of attorney, as it is commonly known);
- Durable powers of attorney for financial matters; and
- Wealth preservation considerations and strategies.
Estate planning usually involves much more than just making a will, and our virtual estate planning lawyers are here to assist you remotely throughout the state of Florida.
How Virtual Estate Planning Works in Florida
Our firm serves clients throughout the state of Florida with virtual estate planning. You do not need to come into an office to meet with us in person, so we can assist you from any location in the state. What is involved in a virtual estate planning process? The following are the steps you should anticipate when you decide to work with our firm on a virtual estate plan:
- Fill out a questionnaire about yourself and your estate planning needs, which you can do easily from a computer or even from your phone;
- Schedule a virtual consultation with an experienced virtual estate planning lawyer to discuss your circumstances and needs, from creating a will or a trust to handling advance directives;
- Sign a contract virtually and pay the fee for our virtual estate planning service, which can all be done from the comfort of your home, your office, or anywhere else;
- Our firm will draft all of the documents you need for your estate plan, including advance directives, a last will and testament, materials to establish a trust, asset protection tools, and other documents that are tailored to your particular needs;
- You will receive all of your estate planning documents electronically through a secure portal, at which point you will be able to review the documents, discuss any questions or concerns with your virtual estate planning lawyer, request any necessary revisions, and approve the documents once you are satisfied with everything contained in your estate plan;
- A virtual estate planning lawyer at our firm will conduct a final review of your estate planning documents and finalize your estate planning portfolio, and then we will mail the documents to you;
- You will receive the final version of your documents with instructions for signing everything appropriately under Florida law to ensure that the documents are valid and enforceable;
- You will securely return electronic (scanned) copies of all signed and executed documents so that we can review the documents one final time to ensure that everything has been executed properly, and we will maintain those documents on file for you; and
- You will be finished with the estate planning process and will have all the documents you need unless a need arises in the future to make revisions or amendments, in which case our firm can assist you virtually.
The entire process of virtual estate planning often takes just a few weeks. From the date of your virtual consultation, your virtual estate planning attorney will typically provide you with the initial documents for your estate plan within two weeks’ time or less. You will be able to take the time you need to review the documents, to meet with your lawyer virtually to ask questions, and to obtain additional information or to request revisions.
Contact a Florida Virtual Estate Planning Lawyer
Have you been meaning to work with a lawyer on estate planning documents but you cannot find the time? Our Florida virtual estate planning lawyers provide a full range of estate planning services to clients in Florida. Contact Loughlin Law, P.A. today to get started.